Kasasa Cash™ sounds funny. But, this isn't monopoly money. Earn cold, hard cash on 4.01% APY*. And, you don't have to break the bank just to get started.
Open a Kasasa Cash account today with whatever you've got in your pocket. We'll even reimburse all your ATM fees, not just in Baton Rouge or Louisiana, but nationwide. It's a matter of principle over profit. So, you can have free checking that's, you know...free.
- 4.01% APY* on balances up to $10,000
- 0.50% APY* on amount of balance over $10,000
- 0.05% APY* if qualifications aren't met
- UNLIMITED ATM fee refunds nationwide**
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum balance requirement
- FREE online banking and bill pay
- FREE eStatements
- FREE Visa® debit card
- No minimum deposit to open
- Plus, link to Kasasa Saver for free automatic savings!
Qualifying is Easy!
Why offer earnings on top of already free checking? Because at Pelican State CU, we truly care about our members. Not only is qualifying for Kasasa Cash easy, it makes your life easier. Simply do the following each monthly qualification cycle:
- Receive FREE eStatements
- Access online banking
- Have at least 15 check card transactions post and clear
- Have at least 1 direct deposit, online bill payment, or automatic debit (ACH) post and clear
Best of all, there's no penalty if you come up short. In fact, you still earn dividends. So join today to open an account online, and let Pelican State Credit Union put your money to work.
* APY=Annual Percentage Yield. APYs are accurate as of 4/16/12. Balances up to $10,000 receive an APY of 4.01% if qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle. Balances above $10,000 receive an APY of 0.50% on the portion of the balance above $10,000 if qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle. As a result, the APY for balances above $10,000 will range from 4.01% - .50% if qualifications are met each monthly qualification cycle, depending on the balance in the account. If qualifications are not met, the APY will be 0.05% on all balances. Rates may change after the account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. Monthly direct deposit is required to have this account. This account is a tiered rate account. If your average daily balance is from $1.00 to $10,000.00 and you meet all of the following service requirements during the monthly qualification cycle the first Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield listed for this account in the Rate Schedule will apply: 1.) Fifteen (15) qualifying transactions must post to and clear to the account during the monthly qualification cycle, ATM transactions do not qualify. 2.) One direct deposit or ACH auto debit or Bill Pay. 3.) Electronic statements. 4.) Access Pelican@Net by 2 p.m. on the second to the last day of the month. Any balances $10,000.01 and above and you meet all of the service requirements the second Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield listed for this account on the Rate Schedule will apply. If any of the service requirements are not met for this account the third Dividend Rate and Annual Percentage Yield listed for this account will apply regardless of the average daily balance. Transactions may take one or more banking days from the date the transaction was made to post to an account. Transfers between your accounts with us do not count as qualifying transactions. The monthly qualification cycle is not the same as your monthly statement cycle. Monthly qualification cycle=last day of the month to the second to the last day of the next month. Monthly statement cycle=first day of the month to the last day of the month. We reserve the right to limit the number accounts allowed per account owner, joint or individually.
† ATM fees incurred during the monthly qualification cycle will be reimbursed if qualifications are met during the monthly qualification cycle. ATM fee reimbursements will be credited to your account by the second business day of your statement cycle.