No risk, great rewards — flip the old adage on its head with a secure share certificate that pays you a fixed, guaranteed rate for a term of your choosing.
Reap returns on your investment with no risk. That's right, none. Pelican State Credit Union Share Certificates are federally insured, so you won't lose money, much less sleep. Meanwhile, your bottom line increases at greater rates than regular savings accounts without a chance that you’ll lose any of the money you invested.
Do you have an extra $500+ that you won’t be using soon? Pelican makes it easy for you to take advantage of great, fixed rates on your deposits over an extended period of time. You may have heard other financial institutions refer to certificates as CDs, non-liquid accounts or time deposits. Tons of other financial institutions offer certificates, but we offer great rates and a wide range of term options to meet your savings need. We also offer jumbo certificates if you're looking to bring home even bigger dividends!
- Greater rates than savings accounts
- Fixed rates guaranteed for length of term
- Wide range of terms available
- Penalty on earnings for early withdrawal
- Safeguard future funds with partial withdrawal or closure fees prior to maturity
- Dividends posted monthly
- $500 minimum deposit to open
- Jumbo Share Certificates available; higher rates on deposits $10,000 or greater
- Retains federal insurance up to $250,000
Check out our current rates to learn more!
*Pelican State CU membership required. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. Dividend rate varies by deposit amount and term of certificate. Penalties may apply for early withdrawal. Other restrictions apply. Contact a Pelican representative for details.