Get complete control over your finances with the help of workshops that teach you easy money management skills to better your life.
It doesn't take an accountant to make sense of your day-to-day finances — just accurate information in a format you can understand. Pelican State Credit Union provides free Financial Wellness Workshops to help you master the ins and outs of your money.
Learn how to budget, bring home interest, even improve your credit score — all at no cost to you.
Home Buying Workshop and Dinner (Opelousas) - Tuesday, September 18
Navigating the home buying process can be daunting, but we’re here to help! Join us on Tuesday, September 18, for a Financial Wellness Workshop at the Delta Grand Theatre in Opelousas. Doors open at 5:30 pm, and one of our Nationally Certified Credit Counselors will share everything you need to know about the home buying process. Don’t worry about dinner–it’s on us!
Credit Workshop and Dinner (Hammond) - Tuesday, September 25
Our Hammond community is invited to a FREE Financial Wellness Workshop and dinner at Southeastern Louisiana University. Come meet our Hammond branch team and one of our Nationally Certified Credit Counselors as they share the foundations of credit scores and reports. A jambalaya dinner along with dessert will be served, and we will give away two door prizes at the end of the event.
Why Attend or Host a Financial Wellness Workshop?
Our experienced Credit Counselors host these workshops for our Select Employer Groups (SEGs), in schools and throughout the community.
- It's a completely FREE way to improve your financial health—available to members and non-members.
- Gain knowledge about financial decision making, which can save you time, money and stress.
- Learn to improve your credit score, which can in turn get you better loan rates.
- Interactive workshops give you real-time answers to all of your financial questions.
- Employees worry about their finances. Your employees will gain knowledge about financial decision making, which can save time, money and stress. A financially healthy employee will be more productive, which saves the employer money!
- We do all the work! Pelican staff members will set up a workshop at your convenience and take care of everything.
- It's FREE! This is a public service Pelican is providing for the community.
- Household Budgeting Made Easy
- Credit Score Breakdown
- Think Like a Millionaire
- The Keys to the Car Buying Experience
- Where Does Your Money Go?
- Take Charge Before Charging
- Preventing Identify Theft
- Owning the Homebuying Process
Contact Financial Outreach for more information, to request a speaker, or to host a Financial Wellness Workshop!