Get complete control over your finances with the help of workshops that teach you easy money management skills to better your life.
It doesn't take an accountant to make sense of your day-to-day finances — just accurate information in a format you can understand. Pelican State Credit Union provides free Financial Wellness Workshops to help you master the ins and outs of your money.
Learn how to budget, bring home interest, even improve your credit score — all at no cost to you.
Credit Score Breakdown Workshop (Opelousas) - Tuesday, March 27
How is a credit score calculated? How do you read a credit report? What steps can you take to better your credit score? You have questions and Pelican State CU Nationally Certified Credit Counselor April Gomez has answers! This workshop will be held at The Delta Grand Theatre on Tuesday, March 27. This is a FREE event with dinner provided. We'll have door prizes too!
Why Attend or Host a Financial Wellness Workshop?
Our experienced Credit Counselors host these workshops for our Select Employer Groups (SEGs), in schools and throughout the community.
- It's a completely FREE way to improve your financial health—available to members and non-members.
- Gain knowledge about financial decision making, which can save you time, money and stress.
- Learn to improve your credit score, which can
in turnget you better loan rates.
- Interactive workshops give you real-time answers to all of your financial questions.
- Employees worry about their finances. Your employees will gain knowledge about financial decision making, which can save time, money and stress. A financially healthy employee will be more productive, which saves the employer money!
- We do all the work! Pelican staff members will set up a workshop at your convenience and take care of everything.
- It's FREE! This is a public service Pelican is providing for the community.
- Household Budgeting Made Easy
- Credit Score Breakdown
- Think Like a Millionaire
- The Keys to the Car Buying Experience
- Where Does Your Money Go?
- Take Charge Before Charging
- Preventing Identify Theft
- Owning the Homebuying Process
Contact Financial Outreach for more information, to request a speaker, or to host a Financial Wellness Workshop!