Pelican State Credit Union has been, and always will be, a credit union where its members and team members' health and safety are at the forefront of what we do.
Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, we will continue to take all actions necessary to ensure the safety of our members and team members.
- Branch Updates
- Important Stimulus and Tax Information
- What We're Doing to Protect You
- More Ways to Access Your Account
- Protecting Yourself from Scams
- Options for Financial Hardship
The IRS emphasizes that there is no action required by eligible individuals to receive this third payment. These payments are automatic and will post to your account once they are received.
Our Nationally Certified Credit Counselors have compiled a list of tips to consider as we all assess our current situation. Click here to learn how to make the most of your stimulus payment.
Please be sure to provide your new Pelican account number when you file your 2020 taxes in 2021.
Tax season officially started on February 12, 2021. The IRS began processing and accepting individual tax returns on that date.
The deadline to file your 2020 tax returns is April 15, 2021.
If you choose to receive your payment via direct deposit, you will need to provide your account number for the account you wish to have the funds deposited in, and the financial institution's routing number.
Your account number and Pelican's routing number can be found at the bottom left of your Pelican checks. See the sample check below for reference.
Pelican's routing number is on the left, and your account number will be to the right of the routing number.
(The account number shown on this check is invalid and only for sample purposes.)
If you are not able to locate your account number or do not have checks with Pelican, click here to contact us or ask a Pelican representative.
Where can I find information like my interest paid for the year?
Information you may need when you're filing your 2020 taxes such as total interest paid will be on your December, 2020, statement. If you do not have eStatements, click here for more information and how to enroll.
Check out this blog post on Pelican State of Mind to find out how you can prepare your taxes this year for FREE!
As our branch lobbies reopen, we will continue to follow all guidelines and protocols that ensure the health and safety of our members and team members. Here's what we're doing to protect you:
Practicing Social Distancing
Our branches continue to practice social distancing guidelines such as asking members to maintain a personal distance of at least six feet apart, plexiglass sheets in our teller lines, and requiring all members and team members to wear proper face coverings or masks.
Enhanced Sanitation Procedures
We are taking multiple steps to minimize health risks to our team, members, and communities, including enhanced cleaning and sanitation procedures in our branches by our cleaning contractors as well as each of our team members.
Ensuring Access to Funds
As always, Pelican ensures that you will have continuous access to your account and your money when you need it. We have taken extra steps to make sure cash and our ATMs are readily available for you to access. Our team has plans that allow us to continue being there for you without interruption.
Access your Pelican account online through [email protected] or on your mobile device through our PelicanMobile app for iOS and Android devices. Deposit checks, make transfers, pay bills, apply for loans, and more without stepping foot in a branch. You can log into both with your Pelican online banking username and password. If you don't have a login, enroll online today or give us a call at 1-800-351-4877. We'll walk you through it!
Phone or Text
Our team is ready to help you any way that they can by phone or text message! Call us at 1-800-351-4877 or text us at 1-844-916-1956 Monday - Friday, from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
Pelican’s online chat is available daily from 7 am – 5 pm. Click (or tap if you’re on mobile) the pink button on the side of your screen to get started. Click here for a list of everything you can do through online chat.
Pelican is part of the Dolphin ATM Network. You can access your Pelican account for FREE at any Dolphin ATM. Click here to find one near you. Plus, we have over 20 Pelican ATMs across the state for you to access your account!
Unfortunately, scammers and cyber criminals see times of crisis as an opportunity to steal from you—don’t fall victim to their tricks!
When in doubt, trust your gut. If something feels off or seems too good to be true, it’s better to be safe than sorry. In particular, watch out for these known scams:
How to Report Scams:
- Federal Trade Commission: www.ftc.gov/complaint
- Internet Crimes Complaint Center: www.ic3.gov/complaint
For up-to-date information on recently reported scams, how to keep yourself safe in cyberspace, and more, click here.
If you have been negatively impacted by illness due to coronavirus or your employment and/or your wages have discontinued, please click here to request that we contact you and work together to find a solution.
The Louisiana Workforce Commission has released new guidelines that make unemployment insurance more flexible and accessible. You may qualify for unemployment even if you are still employed. Click here for more information on how to apply.
Our Business Services team is here and will continue to service all of your financial needs.
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): Pelican has partnered with the best-in-class Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan originators and servicers to provide you with the resources you need to keep your employees and business moving forward. ACAP & The Loan Source are experts in securing PPP loan funding fast, while making the forgiveness process seamless. Create an account today to be immediately notified when the Small Business Administration’s new PPP application is available. By registering now, you’re one step closer to your next PPP loan. Get Started Now
- SBA Loans: The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is providing assistance to business owners in designated disaster zones. Louisiana has been designated as one of these disaster zones. Please visit SBA's website for updates on low-interest loan availability in Louisiana. The Louisiana Declaration number is LA-00101.
- LED Resources: Louisiana Economic Development is working to safeguard Louisiana businesses and has gathered helpful links from all across the web to help. You can stay up-to-date on state-issued orders and proclamations, find resources available to you from the SBA, US Chamber of Commerce, the CDC, the USDA, and more, and even break down resources by region using the interactive map. You can also sign up to receive COVID-19 updates via email.
- Louisiana Association of Chamber of Commerce Directory: Local Chambers of Commerce across the state are providing information and other resources to business owners. Use this directory to find your local Chamber.
As your financial family for life, we're here to help. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us by any of the methods above or through our Facebook page if you need any assistance at all.