Skip-A-Pay is not available for:
- Opportunity Lines of Credit (OLOC)
- All types of Mobile Home Loans
- Balloon Loans
- Fresh Start Loans
- Visa® Credit Cards
- Home Equity Loans
- Commercial Loans
- Single Pay Loans
- Bridge Loans
Additionally, your loan is NOT eligible for Skip-A-Pay if:
- You have already skipped 4 payments on the loan
- You have skipped a payment on the loan within the last 6 months
- The payment due date is over 45 days away (you cannot skip future payments—only the next payment due)
- You have made less than 3 months’ worth of payments on a new loan
- Your payment is more than 10 days late
- Your Pelican account is not in good standing
The $25 Skip-A-Pay fee per loan must be available in your Pelican checking or share account.
If the loan payment you would like to skip comes to Pelican via ACH from another financial institution, you must request your skip at least 5 days before the loan payment is due.
All restrictions and requirements above apply to each individual loan.
Each payment skipped will extend the loan term and loans will continue to accrue interest.
The $25.00 processing fee per loan is due before any payments will be deferred and skip payment fees will affect the loan's annual percentage rate (APR) for the statement period.
One skipped payment equals:
- 1 monthly payment
- 2 consecutive bi-weekly payments
- 2 consecutive semi-monthly payments
- 4 consecutive weekly payments
If the payment you are skipping is deducted from your direct deposit/payroll automatically, the funds will be transferred to a checking account (savings, if checking not available) instead of going toward the loan.
Skipping a payment may reduce the amount received on GAP claims on a vehicle.
Call us at 1-800-351-4877 or visit a branch near you. We will review your loan to make sure it is eligible and help you with the entire Skip-A-Pay process!
You can also complete the online form in [email protected]! You can skip your payment quickly and easily through our online banking platform. The form will only display loans that meet the Skip-A-Pay eligibility requirements.