Earn triple points when you spend!
From now through March 31, 2024, Pelican Points cardholders earn triple points when swiping their Pelican Points Visa! ¹
PLUS—Open a NEW Pelican Points Visa through March 31, 2024, and you can transfer balances from your high-interest credit cards for 6.99% APR with NO balance transfer fees!**
Special Bonus Offer:
Spend $1,500 in the first 90 days and receive 15,000 bonus points!3
Pelican Points Visa
Our most powerful card
- Credit limit up to $50,000
- Low variable APR
- Access to FICO® scores quarterly for free2
- Free enrollment in ID Navigator by NortonLifeLock
- Access to Google, Samsung, or Apple Pay
The points add up
Redeem your points for cash back, fuel, gift cards, and more! Click below to see all the amazing benefits your Points card provides!
Pelican Prime Visa
Pelican Pledge Visa
Take advantage of a lower APR that won’t bust your budget, and build your credit history with a card that maximizes purchasing power.
Use your savings as collateral to secure a Pelican Pledge Visa® credit card. On top of working to build credit, Pelican Pledge cardholders qualify for the very same benefits that come standard with all our credit cards, including no balance transfer fees!
- Build or establish credit*
- Open in conjunction with your Pelican State Credit Union savings
- Keep earning dividends on the secured funds in your savings
- Enjoy a low variable Annual Percentage Rate
- Free enrollment in ID Navigator by NortonLifeLock
Request a Balance Transfer
Fill out the form below and a team member will contact you shortly!
ID Navigator by Norton LifeLock
Pelican members with a Pelican Points, Pledge or Prime Visa card are eligible to enroll for ID Navigator by NortonLifeLock!
- Dark web monitoring – Patrols the dark web and private forums for personal information that may belong to you.
- Data breach notifications – Sends notifications about large-scale breaches.
- Stolen wallet assist – Receive guidance on replacing key documents if your wallet is lost or stolen.
- One-bureau credit monitoring alerts – Alerts are sent when key changes are made to credit files with a major credit bureau.
- Credit, bank, and utility account freezes – Receive instructions on how to freeze your account if its compromised.
- Restoration assist – Restoration specialists are available Monday – Friday, 8 am – 7 pm CST.
Members can enroll by following these steps:
- Visit cardbenefitidprotect.com.
- Enter your card number.
- If you’re eligible for this benefit, you will then be automatically redirected to the NortonLifeLock website to enroll.
- Click the “Enroll now” button to add this product. You'll see that it costs $0.
Complete the rest of the signup process with your information.
- That's it! Once enrolled, you'll be able to access all of the benefits above.
Over 750,000 Louisiana residents qualify for membership.
Are you one of them? All you have to do is meet just ONE of the following criteria!
You work for (or are retired from) one of our hundreds of Partners.
You live in Rapides, St. Landry, or St. Tammany Parish
You are a Pelican State CU employee.
*There is no guarantee that your credit score will improve with secured lines of credit.
**Balance Transfers: Pelican State CU membership and Points or Prime credit card required. If you are not a Pelican member, you must be eligible to open a Primary Share account with Pelican to become one. The deposit to open a Primary Share account starts at a minimum of $10 ($5 to join + $5 minimum balance). Loan approval is based on certain credit criteria and credit worthiness. Not everyone will qualify. APR = Annual Percentage Rate. You may not exceed your current credit limit with balance transfers. Promotional APR does not apply to Purchases and Cash Advances. There is no grace period for balance transfers. Finance charges will begin accruing the day the balance transfer is posted to this account. The Average Daily Balance Method, as described in your agreement, is used to calculate your finance charge, subject to the interest rate for a balance transfer. Promotional rate of 6.99% for qualifying accounts only. The balance transfer promotional rate will expire 12 months from the date of the first balance transfer posting date, for balance transfers to qualify for the promotional rate they must post to the account by December 31, 2024. The remaining balance transfer balance will be charged to the regular balance transfer APR. Rates are subject to change. Balance transfers cannot be used to pay any loan, line-of-credit, or credit card account maintained by Pelican State CU. Balance transfers are not eligible to earn reward points. Verification may be required. There is no minimum balance requirement. No balance transfer fee. Pelican reserves the right to decline any balance transfer request including duplicate balance transfer requests. Balance transfers are subject to your existing credit limit.
*Pelican State CU membership and Pelican Points Credit Card or Variable Business Credit Card required. If you are not a Pelican member, you must be eligible to open a primary savings account or a primary business share account with Pelican to become one. The deposit to open a primary savings account starts at a minimum of $10 ($5 to join + $5 minimum balance) and the deposit to open a primary business share account starts at a minimum of $100. Only Pelican Points and Variable Rate Business Visa® Credit Cards earn points; Fixed Rate Business Visa® and Business Share Pledge Visa Credit Cards are not eligible for this special offer. Pledge and Prime Visas do not earn points. You will earn three Pelican Points for every dollar spent on streaming, phone, cable, and utility payments from January 1 – March 31, 2024. Pelican does not have the ability to control how a retailer chooses to categorize their business, therefore reserves the right to determine transaction eligibility. Bonus Points will post daily and members can receive up to 30,000 points monthly. Pelican Points can be redeemed for gift cards, travel rebates, cash back, fuel, and prepaid cards. Points are void when the card is canceled and expires after 36 months. See a Pelican representative for more Pelican Points details.
²FICO is a registered trademark of the Fair Isaac Corporation in the United States and other countries.
3Must spend $1,500 within 90 days of opening card to earn 15,000 bonus points. To qualify for bonus points, all transactions must post and settle within 95 days. Restrictions apply. See full Pelican Points Terms and Conditions