Do you have what it takes to join us?
There’s a reason Pelican is consistently named one of the best places to work in Baton Rouge!
These Core Values represent the culture, attitude, and behavior that contribute to the success of the credit union and set us apart from other companies.
The Pelican Team consists of humble, honest, compassionate, optimistic, and approachable individuals who believe that a positive attitude is a mindset. We lift each other up and lead with our hearts. We share a mission, and together we face adversity, overcome negativity, and keep moving forward as a positive team. We communicate, connect, commit, and encourage each other, forming relationships that make the credit union stronger.
Heart for Service
Serving each other and our members is our cultural norm, and it is embraced as an important part of every role at Pelican. We want to serve others in ways that they become wiser, freer, more autonomous, and financially fit. Our culture is grounded in faith, and we strive to live the golden rule of ‘love thy neighbor.’ Through compassionate service, volunteerism, and support of underserved populations, we demonstrate our dedication to the community. We expect all members of the Pelican family to create, promote, and nurture a safe and inclusive working environment. We believe that by taking care of each other intentionally, we can better serve our members, coworkers, and neighbors.
As individuals and as a company, we believe if we’re not growing our intelligence, talents, and abilities, then we are moving backwards. We have created an environment that promotes perpetual learning and innovation, and one that is intolerant of complacency. Pelican is committed to the professional development of all team members and helping them reach their full potential. Pelican invests in resources and opportunities that benefit the individual in their personal life as well as their work life at Pelican.
We are a company of owners. Pelican team members are invested in the success of the credit union, are self-driven to overcome challenges and obstacles, and hold themselves accountable for their performance. We take ownership of our tasks, projects, professional development, and performance. We are accountable to each other, creating high-performing and successful teams.
Commitment to Excellence
The Pelican Team works hard to exceed expectations and achieve award-winning, above-average results. We strive to be a leader both within and outside of the credit union industry. We value diverse talents and welcome individuals with unique backgrounds, working styles, and skillsets. As individuals, we focus on quality, value, and excellence in everything we do so that we can provide our members with the very best experience. Recognition and appreciation are prevalent, and we celebrate the successes with genuine pride and support for each other.
A Rich Benefits Package
We offer the following types of insurance:
Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, and Volunteer Time
Full-time employees receive:
- 15 paid holidays including Juneteenth and employee's choice of a Cultural Floating Holiday, a Floating Holiday, and a Birthday Holiday.*
- 12 paid vacation days per year, plus more vacation time every 5 years you're employed! Full-time employees can also cash in vacation time for 100% of its value.**
- 12 paid sick days per year.
- Paid volunteer time off with approved non-profits and charities. (Up to 8 hours for full-time employees and up to 4 hours for part-time employees.)
That's nearly 40 days of paid time off per year for full-time employees! Part-time employees receive reduced paid time off and holidays based on their schedule.
*Reflects the 2022 calendar period and is subject to change each year.
**Limit to 3 cash-in requests per year. Some other restrictions apply.
401K with Profit-Sharing and Match
- Automatic 5% contribution to your 401K after one year of employment, whether you contribute or not.
- Up to 5% match of team member contributions.
That means if after one year you contribute 5% to your 401K, Pelican will contribute 10%, totaling a 15% contribution!
A Commitment to Your Well-Being
- Company-sponsored fitness challenges and events
- Annual on-site health screenings
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Policies that promote work-life balance, such as a required consecutive 5-day vacation each calendar year
Diverse Career Paths
We offer positions in the following areas:
- Card Services
- Document Management
- Facilities and Operations
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Lending and Mortgage
- Marketing and Business Development
- Member Account Services and Collections
- Risk Management, Compliance and Auditing
Other Perks and Benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Credit union membership and free credit counseling
- Unlimited free coffee, tea, and hot chocolate
- Discounts with TruStage Insurance, Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and more
- Lunches with Leadership
- Incentives for obtaining Select Employer Groups
- Telemedicine with insurance provider
- Employee referral incentives
Accountability Goes Deeper Than Performance
While we pride ourselves on our fair and equitable practices, we also acknowledge that we must take further action. We have a responsibility to be better and do better. Click here for our full statement of commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.